Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason...

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn...and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return. Well, I don't know if I believe that's true but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you





I know...it's not a Sunday. But this post is for someone who is leaving for the MTC today- Sister Rachel Ashby. As long as I've known Rachel, about 2 years, I've known that she has wanted to go on a mission and today is the day! Where is she going, my friends? Moscow, Russia.

I met Rachel two years ago. I had just gotten into the England and Literature study abroad program and, before you know it, there I was talking with this girl about Belle. I didn't know it then but I had just met one of my dearest friends in the world. Before I had met her I had felt very much alone in many ways. Yet every day since I met her she has filled my life with love, laughter, and insight. I am so grateful that Rachel came into my life when I needed her the most. So while it's hard to see her go, as I hugged her for the last time for 1 1/2 years I realized something. There are people out there waiting for her, feeling just as alone as I was. And she will help them just as much as she helped me.

So this post is dedicated to the Rachels in our lives- the people who come into our lives and shed such glorious light and love on our days. Sister Ashby, and all of my dear friends out there, thank you for changing me for good.

1 comment: